Counselor in Training Summer Program
This program is for teens that have completed 6th grade or higher, and who love working with children, developing essential leadership skills, and aiding in creating a fun camp environment for everyone. Teens that have completed grade 8 will be given priority over younger applicants. This program is designed to provide teenagers with a real camp counselor experience assisting with City of Largo Summer Camps. Teens will develop essential leadership skills, learn how to work with children, and most importantly have fun. Teens will also learn life skills that will aid in the next steps of their education and career path. Possible topics that will be covered are job selection, interview skills, budgeting, social skills, and creating a resume. Participants can earn volunteer hours that meet the qualifications for Bright Futures through the Pinellas County Schools and other extracurricular school groups requiring volunteer hours. All hours will be documented and completion certificates with total volunteer hours will be given at the end of summer. For questions about the program, please contact Megan Cox at email@example.com or call 727-518-3125.
Complete the online CIT Program Application by Tuesday, February 29, 2024. Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted. Applications must be completed in full, with 2 reference letters attached before submitting.
CIT PROGRAM PRICING
The role you are applying for requires a minimum commitment of 3 weeks, Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm, and has a mandatory formal virtual interview, a one-day working trial during Spring Break Camp, and training. You must be available to complete all the below steps to be considered for the summer CIT position. If you are accepted for the program, a Largo Rec membership and a program registration fee is required.
Step 1: Complete Application
- General background questions, availability, placement options.
- Answer the questions and describe your own experiences with children and leadership.
- Provide two reference letters who can recommend you for this program. A family member cannot be a reference. Download the fillable reference form.
- Submit by Thursday, February 29, 2024 (Incomplete and/or late applications will not be accepted).
- The CIT Coordinator will review your application and contact you via email about a virtual interview approximately a week after submission.
- Virtual Interviews will be held the week of March 4-8, 2024.
- All applicants are required to complete a one-day trial during spring break.
- A sign up genius link will be sent out to all applicants to sign up for your trial day.
- Trail days are March 11-15 or March 29, 2024 from 9a-4p
- Once Steps 1-3 are complete, applicants will receive an email notification of acceptance or not. This email will be sent out by April 17, 2024.
Application Deadline: Tuesday, February 26, 2024
Mandatory Virtual Interview: Week of March 4-8, 2024
Mandatory One-Day Trial: March 11-15 or March 29, 9a-4p
Acceptance Notification: Email received by April 17, 2024
Mandatory CIT Training Video: Completed by April 29, 2024
Mandatory In-Person Training: One afternoon from 4-6pm between April 29-May 11, 2024
Program Registration Fee Due Date: May 15, 2024 (Membership Required)
Mandatory 3 Weeks of Volunteering: Between June 3- Aug 9, 2024