Plant, tend and harvest your own veggies at Largo Community Center. Plots are limited, call for availability.
Largo Community Center:
Garden plot sizes vary in price. The season runs from September through May.
Call 727-518-3135 for availability, pricing, and details.
- Improves the quality of life for people in the garden
- Provides a catalyst for neighborhood and community development
- Stimulates social interaction
- Encourages self-reliance
- Beautifies neighborhoods
- Produces nutritious food
- Reduces family food budgets
- Conserves resources
- Creates opportunities for recreation, exercise, therapy, and education
- Reduces crime
- Preserves green space
- Creates income opportunities and economic development
- Reduces city heat from streets and parking lots
- Provides opportunities for intergenerational and cross-cultural connections