Art in the Park
Local artists will be showcased at the First Annual Art in the Park event. Come out and see the exhibits, vote on your favorites, purchase gifts, and interact with the live shows.
CALL FOR VISUAL ARTISTS
The City of Largo is looking for interactive and visual artists to exhibit their art at Art in the Park on September 8, 2018.
EVENT: Art in the Park 2018
PARTNERS: Beach Art Center, Creative Pinellas, Excalibur Consultants, Largo High School
WHEN: Saturday, September 8, 2018 10am-4pm
WHERE: Largo Central Park – 101 Central Park Drive, Largo, Florida
1. Each artist is responsible for his/her own sales tax (City, County, and State). City taxes are due after market.
2. Each artist must obtain a City of Largo Business Tax Receipt.
3. Entry fee:
• Students at Largo Middle School or Largo High School will be given a shared space at no cost. These artists will be chosen by the schools’ art departments.
• Largo Residents: $30
• Nonresidents: $45
4. Set-up and check-in starts at 8:00 am at Shelter 8. Vehicles may be brought into the park to unload but all vehicles must be removed from the park no later than 9:30am.
5. Exhibitor must be set up by 9:45 am on the day of the event.
6. Artist is required to stay until close of the show, with the exception of weather or emergencies, to be declared by the City of Largo. Tear down of the exhibit will not be permitted until event staff gives approval. Exhibitor is responsible for the cleanup of his/her own area.
7. Art work must be original, handmade, and hand-crafted by the exhibiting artist. Work sold must be consistent with art represented during application and registration. No commercially manufactured items are permitted.
8. Art work must be in good taste, physically reviewed and approved by the Review Committee for admission.
9. Artist may not transfer space to another person without prior permission.
10. Space size will be 10’x10’. Each artist is responsible for his/her own tent and display equipment within the designated space. Tents must be secured. One table and two chairs will be provided to each registered artist. Electricity is limited,
available with prior approval at $15 per amp. Multiple spaces are available as space limits allow at the above fee pricing.
11. Water will be provided. Food may purchased from any of our Food Vendors. No outside food vendors are allowed without express permission and arrangements with the City of Largo.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS July 13, 2018.
To participate as an Artist, please fill out the Art in the Park Application.